E-Staples are a revolutionary biodegradable turf and ground anchor staple comprised of a natural plastic that originates from materials in the United States. The E-Staple composition is Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) plastic that is derived from plant sugars and oils. One benefit of using “Natural plastics” is that it eliminates the use of petroleum-based plastics which in turn helps to reduce our dependency on oil. The E-Staples PHA is actually made by the bacterium “ralstonia eutropha” which converts sugars directly into plastic in the case of PHA.
Works great with DeWitt Garden Weed Barrier®!
* E-Staples will degrade completely from the soil in 8-24 months.
* Up to 1212% more anchoring strength than competitors.
* Biodegrades in cold (43 ºF) to hot (180 ºF) conditions.
* 100% biodegradation from bacteria.
* Does not require a pre hydrolytic reduction in molecular weight for degradation to begin.
* Water resistant and do not soften from moisture during storage
* Superior to other biodegradable staples that do not degrade so easily.
* Made using natural plastic from plant sugars and not petroleum based.
* Can be used to anchor turf and erosion control products such as burlap.